Notes: Our legal business name is Racing at Awapuni and Trentham Combined Enterprise Incorporated t/a RACE Inc.
Any pricing for membership, hospitality options or functions either on this site or wellingtonracing.co.nz or awapuniracing.co.nz are always specified in NZ Dollars (NZD).
Annual Memberships: The membership season is from 1 August to 31 July the following year.
Membership Cancellation: The membership period is for 12 months. You may cancel at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not offer refunds.
Conditions of Ticketing and Entry to Trentham
1. Tickets to the Course are issued by Wellington Racing Club (WRC) & or their ticketing agent. By entering the Course or receiving a ticket for entry to the Course, you are deemed to have accepted, and understood as binding on you, these conditions and any accompanying risks, obligations and responsibilities. It is your responsibility to read and inform yourself of these conditions.
2. If you enter the Course, there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage or loss, and you need to be aware that such risks exist. The risks associated with entry to the Course include, but are not limited to, the risk of suffering injury, harm or loss as a result of: temporary structures (such as umbrellas, marquees and gazebos), parts thereof or other debris being dislodged by wind coming into contact with persons, vehicles or structures; incidents involving movement of horses (such as where horses jump or breach fences, railings, barriers or break free – whether being led or ridden or in their stalls – and come into contact with persons, vehicles or structures) or vehicles; or harmful acts (whether intentional or inadvertent) committed by persons (such as intoxicated persons) present at the Course.
3. Some areas of the Course are exposed to weather, including direct sunlight and heat, hail, rain and wind. WRC does not guarantee that there will be sufficient room for you to obtain shelter from such weather.
4. Whilst at the Course, you are responsible for your own property. You must not leave bags or possessions unattended at any time. There are no cloaking facilities at the Course for items which are not permitted to be brought into the Course.
Please be aware that items such as balloons, flags, frisbees, musical instruments or other items that may cause horses to shy are not permitted on course. The WRC or the RIU or their agents may require any such item to be removed from the course or held by the Club for up to two days before being destroyed.
5. If you breach these conditions, or WRC (with reasonable cause) so directs, you may: be refused entry to the Course; be evicted from the Course; have your ticket confiscated or cancelled without refund; or be reported to an appropriate law enforcement body. This clause does not limit the right available to WRC under these conditions or otherwise at law.
6. You must comply with any reasonable directions given to you by the WRC or their authorised representative. WRC or a person authorised by WRC may at any time, inspect any vehicle, bag, basket or other receptacle or require the person to be subject to search.
7. If you become aware of any incidents, matters or circumstances in contravention of these conditions, or if you have any issues that you wish to bring to WRC’s attention, you may call WRC on (04) 528 9611. You should do this as soon as possible so as to assist WRC to provide you with a helpful response.
8. The purchase price is for entry to the Trentham Racecourse on a raceday at which apart from horse racing a number of Events may also take place. The schedule for an Event (whether published or otherwise) and its proposed format are only provisional and subject to change due to adverse weather conditions or other reasons. WRC reserves the right to cancel, postpone or relocate Events, change which participants are in an Event or the format of or any other element of an Event or which Events take place on a particular day or the schedule of Events for that day, or arrange a substitute Event. There is no guarantee of viewing any planned participant in an Event or of viewing any particular Event. Subject to any right of a refund or exchange under clause 5 below, WRC is not liable to you for any losses, costs or damage you suffer or incur as a result of any cancellation, postponement or relocation of any one or more Event whether by reason of weather or otherwise, any changes as to which participants are in an Event or in the format of or any other element of an Event or as to which Events take place on a particular day or in the schedule of Events for that day, or the arrangement of a substitute Event.
1. You acknowledge that WRC and third parties authorised by WRC may photograph, film, videotape, record or otherwise reproduce the image and / or voice of any person who enters the Course and use the same for any purposes (including promotional) without payment to any person
1. WRC makes no representation or guarantee that there is space available in any particular viewing area within the Course, or that there will be space in any viewing area to allow you to view any particular Event.
2. Tickets to the Course must not, without prior written consent of WRC, be offered for resale (by any means), resold or packaged or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes. If a ticket has been sold or used in breach of these conditions, the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission, and other action may be taken, without refund.
3. If you obtained your ticket other than from WRC or an authorised ticket agency or reseller, your ticket may be counterfeit, or which has been reported lost or stolen, you may be refused entry. WRC is not obligated to replace tickets under any circumstances, including (but not limited to) loss or theft. WRC reserved the right, however, to replace a ticket which has been lost or stolen and charge a fee for that replacement, at its sole discretion.
4. If you are requested by WRC, or a person authorised by WRC, you must produce your ticket for inspection. Tickets which are unreadable due to mutilation or damage of any kind may not be accepted. Should you fail to produce your ticket, WRC retains the right to remove you from the Course.
5.50% deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your booking. Final payment is required 5 weeks from eventday. After this date you may increase your number of guests if availability allows however numbers may not decrease. Ticketing will be issued once payment is received in full. It is the responsibility of the guest to advise Wellington Racing Club of any specific dietary requirements in advance of the eventday.
6. No refunds will be offered unless the race day is abandoned or postponed in its entirety.
In the case of abandonment or postponement:
Full abandonment prior or postponement to raceday- Full refund.
Full abandonment prior to hospitality opening on raceday- Full refund. No hospitality provided.*
Partial abandonment of raceday (after Race 1)- Hospitality will continue. No refund.
*Note that there may be the option to maintain hospitality and event as planned apart from the on-course racing with no refund. This includes running the event as a “phantom meeting”.
7. In the event of inclement weather or should bookings for a hospitality package not reach minimum required numbers (determined by WRC). WRC reserve the right to relocate the hospitality package for the eventday. All booked guests will be notified in advance of any change.
8. In the event of any abandonment or postponement the liability of WRC shall be limited to any applicable refund entitlement.
Covid 19 - Specific Conditions of entry:
1. If the New Zealand Government makes any changes to legislation about event requirements, WRC will change the event format and requirements to be in line with the law.
2. If the Raceday cannot be held as planned on the originally scheduled date due to a pandemic or epidemic event, including COVID-19 and including as a result of a Government notice, regulation, law or guidance affecting the operation of the Raceday, limiting the number of attendees at Raceday, or affecting the operation of any event, performance, or other activities at the Raceday, then WRC will use best efforts to reschedule the Raceday and all tickets will be transferred to the rescheduled date. If WRC cannot reschedule the Raceday then WRC will cancel the Raceday and you will be entitled to a refund of the price you have paid for the ticket(s) plus booking fee.
3. If the New Zealand Government requires all attendees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, attendees who have not received the Covid-19 vaccine will not be allowed to gain entrance to WRC.
1. While present at the Course, you must comply with all relevant laws and any published policies of WRC relating to liquor.
Note that on racedays, bars in hospitality areas are due to close at the commencement of the last race. Drinks supplies per person during the day may be limited or restricted at any time during the day at the discretion of the Club or on direction from NZ Police to ensure compliance with relevant liquor legislation.
WRC Security have been instructed to ensure hospitality areas are vacated no later than 30 minutes following the last race. The club appreciates our guests assistance in ensuring this occurs.
2. If you bring children into the Course, you are responsible for the care, conduct and supervision of those children at all times. You are responsible for any acts or omissions committed by children whom you have brought to the Course.
3. You must not, without the express authorisation of WRC, enter the racetrack itself or stalls or any area where the movement of horses occur or any area of the Course where persons including ticket holders are prohibited to enter (as indicated by fencing, cordons, locked doors, signage or otherwise). If you do so you may be expelled from the Course, banned from attending the Course in the future and subject to legal action.
4. For the comfort and safety of persons at the Course, you are not permitted to bring into the Course (or have in your possession at the Course) any of the following without consent: alcoholic beverages on any day; any structure or item larger than 3m x 3m (management reserves the right to restrict placement at their discretion) ; any dangerous goods or weapons; any animals (other than, if the person is deaf, blind or otherwise suffering a disability, a guide dog, or under pre-arranged special circumstances); any flags, banners or other bearing the logo of any other than our appointed sponsors. These will be confiscated at admission or at the site of erection.; any item that you intend (or such quantities of the item from which WRC can reasonably infer that you intend) to distribute, hawk, sell, offer or expose for sale; any object, device or substance that may be used to deface or damage any part of the Course.
5. Unless authorised beforehand by WRC in writing, you must not, while at the Course: post, stick or place or attempt to post, stick or place any poster, placard, bill, banner, print, paper or any advertising material on any building, fence or other structure; distribute any printed or visual matter or distribute, display or promote any advertising or promotional material or samples of goods or services; distribute, hawk, sell, offer or expose for sale any goods or services or solicit or collect subscriptions, donations, money or orders from persons present at the Course; throw or attempt to throw any bottle or other projectile; disrupt, interrupt or behave in any matter that may disrupt or interrupt any Event, distract, hinder or interfere with a participant in an Event or interfere with the comfort of other persons at the Course.
6. WRC or persons authorised by WRC may, in their sole discretion, prevent you from entering the Course or evict you from the Course, if WRC or persons authorised by WRC reasonably believe that you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. You agree that this clause does not obligate WRC to undertake any monitoring or compliance methods to ensure that persons present at the Course are not intoxicated, and WRC will not be responsible for the conduct of intoxicated persons who are present at the Course, or persons who become intoxicated at the Course, nor for any damage or injury caused by such persons. This clause does not seek to exclude any legal responsibilities that WRC or persons authorised by WRC may have in relation to the responsible service of alcohol at the Course.
The purpose of this BYO (Bring Your Own) Alcohol policy is to provide some guidance to customers and staff on BYO at RACE venues.
This policy covers all RACE events at its 3 venues – Trentham, Otaki and Awapuni.
RACE Incorporated has legislative obligations to ensure that it provides a safe environment and acts consistently with all relevant liquor licensing requirements.
RACE also aims to:
- Ensure it provides high quality food and beverage services that are competitively priced at all its events.
- Ensure it acts responsibly and in a manner consistent to its organisational values.
- Ensure that it operates in a commercially positive and business-like manner.
Legislation and RACE policies relating to leave entitlements include:
- Sale of Liquor Act
- The Health and Safety Act
- Relevant liquor licensing arrangements at RACE venues.
2 BYO Policy
BYO is not permitted at any race day and or other events.
For all its events, RACE will ensure it offers a wide range of products at competitive prices.
RACE recognises that in the past it has been a tradition within NZ Racing to allow customers to BYO to race days, although a lot of NZ Clubs are now restricting when BYO can be bought on course and in conjunction with Liquor Licencing authorities and
the NZ Police this will continue to decline as responsible clubs seek to better manage alcohol consumption at their venues.
RACE has stopped BYO to ensure:
- It is more able to regulate drinking behaviours
- It is acting in commercially positive manner
Premier race days and or other big event days traditionally attract larger crowds and require significant funding to run. RACE has a requirement to run these days in a safe, professional manner in relation to the Sale of Liquor.
BYO Food and non-alcoholic drinks
Non-alcoholic drinks may be bought in to the course, however with the following restrictions:
-No glass bottles
-Only sealed and unopened plastic containers, or empty containers of less than 2 litres capacity that may be used as refillable water bottles are permitted.
-Empty thermos' are permitted with boiling water available in both "the Vines" and "Winning Post"cafes
-An guests bringing any opened or glass containers will be asked to return them to their vehicles if possible or confiscated and destroyed.
Food may be brought in to the course for consumption at any public location (Public lawn, Public Stand, public seating in forecourt etc) however is not permitted in the Members Stand/Annex or any other hospitality area unless specifically stated.
-Chilly bins are permitted but must be opened for inspection on entry
-BBQ's are not permitted to be brought on to the course.
-Glass /china/ ceramic plates are not permitted
Members Draw Terms and Conditions
1. The members draw will be for a Cash prize specified by the Club should the member successfully select 4 winners on the Raceday subject to the following Term’s and Conditions.
2. Members must scan or sign in in on arrival at the course to be eligible to enter.
3. Winning Member drawn after a specified race (ie Race 2.)
4. Confirmation of Identity required.
5. Member must make selections on 4 of the Races Chosen only.
6. Races chosen are final, the member must choose 4 selections out of the selected races. Decision on Races and the number of is the sole responsibility of the Club.
7. The 4 winners must be finalised 15 minutes before the first chosen race.
8. There can be no change to the selections once finalised.
9. If any of the members selections are late scratched after finalisation the return will be subject to the following calculation – Cash Return/ Late Scratching Price.
10. If any Non Selected Late Scratching’s occur after finalisation of Selections in any race, this will result in a reduction of final cash prize by the following Calculation - 80/ (RBP x Odds) – See note 1
11. Dead Heats will result in a reduction of final Cash Prize by 50% for each Dead Heat occurrence.
12. In the case of a full Abandonment before the any of the selected events the member will receive $250, in a partial abandonment the member will receive a collect via the following formula ( $(Club nominated prize value) /the price of selection of any abandoned races)
FINAL FIELD DEDUCTION FORMULA
The nearest whole number percentage, using Swiss Rounding, obtained by Dividing 80 by the product of the number of RBPs multiplied by the Odds for the Race Entrant at the time it was scratched from a Race, provided the Odds are less than or equal to Maximum Deduction Odds = 80/(RBPs x Odds) (Rounded to nearest whole number).
Maximum Deduction Odds shall be $35.00
Example: Where a Race Entrant paying $5.00 to Win and $1.33 for a place (3 RBPs) is Scratched, the Return on successful Final Field Win Bets placed prior to that Scratching will be subject to a deduction of 16% (80/(1x5)).
Successful Final Field Place Bets will be subject to a deduction of 20% (80/(3x1.33)).
Raceday Punters Club
PUNTERS CLUB RULES
1. In purchasing this ticket, the purchaser appoints the organiser as agent to place the purchaser’s bets. The proceeds of the sale of the ticket remain the property of the purchaser to be applied for such purpose and it is expressly recorded that no fee or commission will be paid out of the proceeds of ticket sales or dividends or from any source to any organiser or selector.
2. All tickets must be purchased before the start of the first race in which a bet is to be placed.
3. Purchasers of tickets do not have to be on course and tickets may be purchased beforehand from the office of the organiser.
4. The purchaser directs the organiser to place bets in accordance with the directions and decisions of the guest selector or panel of selectors attending the race meeting and acknowledges that the selections and decisions of the selector or panel of selectors shall be final.
5. The amount to be bet on any race will be at the discretion of the selectors/s and may include the total pool from ticket sales and from accrued winnings. It shall not be obligatory for the organiser to place bets for the purchaser, but any bets placed shall be as agent only and can only be placed by the organiser.
6. Bets will be notified via the on-course loudspeaker system prior to the running of each race in which bets are made and where possible via the appropriate web page on the Club website.
7. At the conclusion of the race day the amount (if any) remaining in the pool will be distributed to the purchasers of tickets in proportion to the number of units held. To receive payment the ticket or tickets must be produced. Any tickets not collected within 3 months of the raceday are null and void.
8. Funds not collected at the conclusion of a race day cannot automatically be reinvested for another race day.
9. No ticket can be purchased by a person under 18 years of age and no person may purchase a ticket on behalf of a person under 18 years of age.
10. The ticket is only valid for the race day specified on the ticket.